To make the production and use of clean hydrogen as economical as possible, the optimized use of electrolysis is crucial. This is precisely where the advantages of our "On-Site Concept" lie:
- Precisely tailored integration of water electrolysis into existing processes
- Efficient design of the power supply for electrolysis
- Profitable marketing of the hydrogen (not required by the plant itself) and the electrolysis by-products oxygen (O2) and thermal energy
- Development of the market for emission-free mobility
- Planning, financing, construction and operation of electrolysis-based hydrogen production plants by Messer, in line with the "Build Own Operate" (BOO) business model
An electrolysis-based hydrogen production plant therefore not only produces green hydrogen for customers on site. It also produces oxygen and heat, and can be used for grid-serving services. In the Tarragona Chemical Park, Messer Ibérica operates a pipeline network for oxygen in which this by-product of electrolysis is already being used.
For our on-site concept, we have strong partners, such as Siemens Energy, for electrolysis-based hydrogen production plants in the range of <1 to 50 megawatts. This enables us to implement demand-based solutions for hydrogen production in industrial applications such as petrochemicals, chemicals, food and steel, as well as in mobility applications such as buses, trucks or trains.